Thank you for your interest in becoming a part of Reset.
We want to give you some more details about Reset and what it means to truly reset your life.
Reset is a Christ-centered, voluntary residential program for individuals that desire to radically change their lives. We strongly believe that radical change does not happen by accident or by just standing still; we believe that it takes a lot of hard work and a healthy environment. That is why we have high expectations for the residents in Reset, including:
- I will respect my roommates, myself, and the entire program by NEVER bringing drugs, alcohol, pornography, or guests with such items into our house.
- I agree to subject myself to random and/or scheduled drug tests and room searches because I know that when I’m doing what I’m supposed to do, I have nothing to hide.
- I understand that there is wisdom in seeking counsel, and will therefore only leave the house for overnight absences if I get it approved beforehand.
- I realize that trouble and darkness go hand in hand and therefore agree to an 11:00 pm curfew on weeknights and a midnight curfew on weekends. I also agree never to bring a person from the opposite gender into my bedroom and will make sure that all guests are out of the house by curfew.
- I know that I need to continue moving forward, so I will attend and participate in the following weekly activities: Local church service, In-House Bible Study, 2 Recovery Meetings, one Extra Meeting (Coach, Counselor, additional Recovery Meeting or Church Service/Bible Study/Small Group), and House Meetings as well regular Personal Development Classes and Quarterly Outreaches.
- I realize that I will be assigned a Coach who will serve as a mentor and will guide me through the Personal Development Plan so I can realize the potential that God has placed inside me.
- I realize that I will need to meet regularly with a Biblical Counselor and Financial Counselor. I realize that this will mean opening up about my life and my finances.
- I will honor my financial commitments by paying rent on time for the upcoming week/month. I understand that rent will go from $90/week to $390/month to $465/month (with $75 as savings if I am promoted) as I progress through the program.
- I will maintain or seek full-time employment because I know that it helps me to stay busy, maintain my financial commitments, and feel productive. If I lose my job for any reason, I will immediately inform my leaders and begin a full-time job search.
- I will respect my roommates, myself, and the house by not smoking in the house, by keeping my room and common areas clean, and by doing my weekly house chores.
- I desire a peaceful home and will therefore make sure that I keep weapons, violence, and threats of violence away from the house.
Great responsibility and great privilege go hand in hand, so there is a lot of incentive to go with the high expectations. You would be living in a gorgeous and spacious house with nice furnishings. There are potential opportunities for better employment, although it may take some time of proving yourself and humble beginnings. Best of all, though, is that you would be surrounded by great people—positive roommates who are making radical changes themselves—as well as people of integrity outside the house who are there to
support you and encourage you.
If this still sounds like something that you would like to be a part of, please complete an application. Please note that there is a thorough process to be accepted into the house that involves three interviews. If you are coming straight out of jail or prison with no transitional living, there is a short waiting period before you will be able to live in the house. We are not simply looking for people that have no other options and need a place to stay. We are looking for individuals that desire radical change.
Please note that you must have at least 30 days sobriety to be considered for Reset.
May God bless you whichever path you choose,
The Reset Team